Register Now for “Tracing Your Family Tree“ Genealogy Workshop in Castlegar May 3, 2014
A genealogy workshop “Tracing Your Family Tree“ designed to meet the needs of beginners as well as more experienced researchers will be held at Selkirk College in Castlegar on Saturday, May 3, 2014.
Sponsored by the West Kootenay Family Historians Society and Selkirk College, the worship will include sessions on:
- planning a successful family hjstory research trip,
- gleaning family history data from historic census records,
- aboriginal issues in genealogy,
- effective use of the universal genealogy web site www.familysearch.org, and
- local history as viewed through historic West Kootenay postcards.
Presenters include Vancouver Island genealogy educator Donna Fraser, Metis educator Jackie Cole, Trail Family History Centre genealogist Richard Wolff and Kootenay historian and writer Greg Nesteroff. There will also be displays, exhibits and demonstrations by members of the West Kootenay Family Historians Society (WKFHS). This event commemorates the 25th anniversary of the first WKFHS conference held at Selkirk College.
The conference fee of $30 plus GST includes lunch. Sessions begin at 10 am and conclude shortly after 4 pm. Registration for “Tracing Your Family Tree“ is through the Selkirk College Registration Office.
For further information, contact the WKFHS at 250 365-9860 or 250 367-0076, or write to email@example.com.